Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stigmata

It has been a couple of days since I have written. It was a busy week at work, full of bankrupt corporations that needed dissolving. On Friday, I was practically stapled to my desk for 9 hours. I have the scars in my wrists to prove it.

Yesterday morning, I started to put together a new selection of poems for a new chapbook contest. There are about 25 pages in the manuscript, 12 poems, the longest individual poem being about 10 pages. I need to edit a few things yet, and to write a small introductory bio piece.

It is difficult to know what I should say about myself, besides the fact that I worked my way though college at BU, by working in Mugar Library. It took six years to get my BA rather than the conventional four. I am also thinking of going back to school to finish my MFA, part-time.

If I may be candid, the only poetry teacher I have ever found absolutely indispensable to the study of poetry is
The Norton Anthology of Poetry. Though, I shall always be grateful to Professor Christopher Ricks for teaching me how to read T.S. Eliot, and Shakespeare.

Yasu thinks an MFA would help me find a teaching job in Japan. Which would be nice, since I am sick of New York. All the more so, since I live in Connecticut.

Anyway, all I need is a 150 word statement. I will see what I can put together. Tomorrow. Tomorrow. And Tomorrow. And Tomorrow. You know the rest.

Right now, it is Sunday. I need to take a shower, study Kanji, and fold clothes.





No comments: