Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The End of the World

I am at home today, in Connecticut, doing laundry, getting ready to haul a few of my things to Queens to move in with Yasu, for the next month, once he finally descends upon New York from Tokyo, before he moves to Houston to take up his position as a curator.

I was listening to WQXR this morning (the radio station of The New York Times) and I heard a rather solemn report on the fate of the Earth several billion years hence. It seems we are going to be greedily gobbled up by an engorged sun, once it has converted all of its hydrogen fuel to helium. Evidently the whole Earthly affair is going to end with a burp, not a bang, or a whimper. I always figured this was going to happen, but I just didn't know it would happen so soon.

So, I am off to take a hot shower, to meet my end cleanly and comfortably. And in case Yasu calls from the airport, and I have to hop on the train and head out to meet him for Indian food and a quick cuddle before the end of the world.

It is best to be prepared for these things, don't you think?



No comments: