Friday, January 11, 2008

The Lady in the Sky, Part II



The poem I posted yesterday, I began writing 4 years ago. I am not sure if it is finished, but I will keep tinkering with it until I feel comfortable with it. I hope this doesn't bother you. It is a bad habit I have.


For me, there is always a period of crystallization, where an initial idea, a slender black thread seeded with some image, or feeling--a first line--is dipped into a concentrated of solution of confusion, and abandoned. Depending on the neuro-chemicals in suspension in my brain, and the weather, I can get results immediately, or I can wait for years before things properly precipitate out into a finished poem.


Which is not so bad, I guess.


When you never finish anything, you can start each day afresh.

No comments: