Monday, March 10, 2008

A Rarity



Imagine my delight and my disappointment today when I visited Posman Books in GCT, during my lunch hour, to look up a reference in T.S. Eliot's Collected Poems, and I discovered a new edition of the poems of Elizabeth Bishop!

I add the word disappointment because the copy of Eliot's Collected Poems I was expecting to find and refer to in the store must have been sold in recent days. I was greeted by a great gap in the E's: the whole event reminded of child grinning with a missing tooth.

I bought the Bishop, and the Eliot reference I found on Amazon:



The annoying thing is that I cannot find a complete copy of Eliot's poem, "Fragment of an Agon," anywhere on the web. I have it at home. But I am at work and I want to read it now!

Pardon me.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program of dance music from the Palm Tree Lounge in Palmyra, New York...


No comments: